What is Roulette?
- Roulette is a game of chance.
- The game has a spinning wheel with red and black slots with numbers from 1 to 36. There is also one green slot with the number 0 and a ball.
- To place your bets, you call a number or a group of numbers, and then the dealer spins the wheel.
- Once the wheel and the ball stop, you win if your call matches the ball's final position.
- There is also a roulette table with the numbers and groups that you bet on by placing chips on it.
- There are multiple players who play simultaneously on one table. The chip colours help make the players and bets identifiable.
- You can also place multiple bets at one given time.
How to Play?
- You begin this game by placing a bet on a number or a group of numbers on the roulette table.
- Next, the dealer spins the roulette wheel with the ball.
- Once, the ball stops, the final position of the ball indicates the winning number.
- If your bet matches this winning number, you win!
Rules to Know
- The chips used in roulette are different. It helps identify the player and their bets.
- While European Roulettes have one zero slot, American roulettes have two zeroes.
- There are two types of bets you can place - Inside Bets and the Outside Bets
- Inside Bets have 6 options - Straight Up, Split, Corner, Street, and Six Line
- Outside Bets have 3 options - Dozens, Columns, and Even Chances
- Straight Up is when you place a bet on any one number on the roulette table. The payout is 35x your betting amount.
- Split is when you keep your chip on the line between two adjacent numbers that you choose to bet on. The payout is 17x your betting amount.
- Corner is when you place your chip on the common corners of four numbers that you choose to bet on. The payout is 8x your betting amount.
- Street is when you bet on three consecutive numbers on the same row by placing a chip on the outer side of the table. The payout is 11x your betting amount.
- Six Line is when you bet on two adjacent rows by placing a chip on the common outer corner of the two rows. The payout is 5x your betting amount.
- Even Chances comprise dual options such as red-black, odd-even, and high-low(1-18 & 19-36). You can choose to bet on either one of these dual options to earn a 1x payout on winning.
- Dozens comprise a group of 12 numbers such as 1-12, 13-24, and 25-36. There are called the 1st dozen, 2nd dozen, and 3rd dozen respectively. The payout on winning is 2x your betting amount.
- Column bets comprise betting on an individual column that you think the winning number will feature from. On winning, the payout is 2x your betting amount.
- If the winning number is zero, all outside bets lose.
Disclaimer: All information contained on this page is for educational purposes only. Deltin Casinos is not liable for any inaccuracies in the rules mentioned below. Any mismatch is purely unintentional. It is the player’s responsibility to learn the rules of the game before starting.