What is 3 Card Poker?
- 3 Card Poker is a casino game that is played with a standard deck of cards.
- The main objective of the game is to have a better hand than the dealer with only three cards dealt.
How to Play?
- You begin this game by placing an initial bet on one of the options on the table using chips.
- Then you are dealt your cards and the dealer’s card face down.
- After this, you may choose to see your cards and continue to play by matching the initial bet indicated by placing more chips on top of your cards, face down.
- You can also choose to fold and leave the game at this point.
- Next, the dealer reveals her hand. If your hand is better than the dealer’s hand you win.
Rules to Know
- In 3 Card Poker, there are three betting options. These include Ante, Play, and Pair Plus.
- Ante is the first bet placed before the cards are dealt.
- After seeing your hand you can place an additional bet equal to the initial bet amount. This is known as Play. To place a bet you need to keep your cards face down and the bet amount on top of them, in the Play area labeled on the table.
- A Pair Plus is an optional bet that can be placed alongside the ante before the cards are dealt. This bet is not played against any other player or dealer. It is a bet that you win if there is a pair or better in your first three cards.
- If you check and find out that you have been dealt bad cards, you can choose to fold and leave the game. You will forfeit your initial bet and the pair plus bet amount when you fold.
- Once all players have decided their moves, the dealer opens her cards by turning them face up.
- If your hand is better than the dealer’s hand, you win and receive a payment based on the established payout structure. Or else you lose your betting amount and the dealer takes away your cards.
- The dealer must have a minimum of Queen High to pay the winning hand’s bet. If the dealer doesn’t have a Queen High, only the Ante gets paid even money.
- The descending order in which the card combinations are ranked is Mini Royale, Straight Flush, Three of a Kind, Straight, Flush, Pair, and High Card.
Mini Royale is the highest-ranked combination in this game. It comprises an Ace, Kind, and Queen of the same suit. The payout on winning with a Mini Royale is even money on the ante and play bets. The ante bonus is 5x the betting amount and the pair plus is 50x the initial pair plus bet.
Straight Flush is when you have three cards of the same suit in a sequence. The payout on winning with a Straight Flush is even money on play and ante, the ante bonus is 4x the ante amount and the pair plus is 40x the pair plus bet.
Three of a Kind is when your hand contains three cards of the same value. The payout on winning with a Three of a Kind is even money on play and ante, the ante bonus is 3x the ante amount and the pair plus is 30x the pair plus bet.
A Straight is when you have three cards of any suit in sequence. The payout on winning with a straight is even money on Play and Ante with an additional Ante Bonus equal to your Ante bet. You also receive 6x your pair plus bet irrespective of the dealer’s hand. For a straight, an ace can be of either a high or low value. For instance, the highest value straight is a combination of an Ace, King, and Queen while the lowest value straight contains an Ace, Two, and Three.
A Flush is when you have three cards of the same suit but not in sequence. The payout on winning with a flush is 1x or even money on the play and ante, and 3x the Pair Plus bet.
A Pair is when you have two cards of the same value. The payout on winning with a pair is even money on the play and ante, and 1x the Pair Plus bet amount.
A High Card is when you have three unmatched cards. The card of the highest value is called the High Card. The payout on winning with a High Card is even money on the play and ante betting amounts.