In this game a player and dealer is dealt one card each and if your card is of a higher rank, you win. If the dealer’s card is higher, the dealer wins.
Basic rules of the game
Card Rankings (highest to lowest)
- 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2
- All suits are of equal rank
You start by placing your bet. You and dealer get one card face up each.
Win, Lose or Tie :
- If your card is higher, you win.
- If the Dealer’s card is higher, the Dealer wins.
- If you and Dealer tie, you have a decision.
- Option 1 : Surrender
Forfeit half of your base bet and your hand is over.
- Option 2 : Go to War
Going to War :
- Place your War bet.
- Place a bet, of an equal amount, next to your original bet.
- The Dealer matches your bet The Dealer places a bet, equal to your original bet, next to yours. You will have a total of three units in front of you.
- The Dealer will deal your War card face up.
- Card of higher rank wins.
- If your War card is higher than the Dealer’s, you win all three units.
- If the Dealer’s card is higher, the Dealer wins all three units.
- If you and the Dealer tie War cards, you win plus an additional unit from the Dealer.