Teenpatti is an Indian origin card game. The objective of this game is to make the best 3 card hand as per the hand ranking and to maximize the pot (prize pool) before the final showdown for you to win. A standard 52-card pack ( without the jokers) is used in this game.
The game starts with the ‘Boot’, an amount collected from players, which is the agreed minimum stake. This money is placed at the centre of the table and will grow as the game proceeds. The dealer deals the cards anti-clockwise, with each player receiving 3 cards.
Players can now decide when their turn comes whether they want to :
1. Play 'Seen' - See your cards
2. Play 'Blind' - Keep the cards faced down
If you are playing blind, you can look at your cards at any point in the game. You then become a seen player and from that turn onwards, the betting rules for seen player applies.
The players must keep betting until one of the following things happens:
The Teen Patti rules for a show are as follows:
At any point of the game, during your turn you can request the player who bet immediately before you a sideshow. That player can either accept or refuse the sideshow.
Ranking of the card hands from highest to lowest is
1. Trail (three of a kind) : 3 cards of the samer rank. AAA is the best hand in the game.
2. Pure Sequence (Straight Flush) : Three consecutive cards of the same suit.
3. Sequence (Straight) : Three consecutive cards not all in the same suit.
4. Color (Flush) : A flush of 3 cards in the same suit, with the highest card winning in the case of a draw.
5. Pair (two of a kind) : A pair of 2 cards of the same rank. In case of a draw, the highest-ranking 3rd card will denote the winner.
6. High Card : When neither the dealer nor player has a pair, then the hand with the highest card wins.