In this game, you have a wheel that features red and black slots that have the numbers from 1 to 36, and one slot in green with 0 as the number. The dealer spins the wheel to reveal the winning number. If you have bet on that number or on a group of numbers that contain it, then you’ll get a payout.
Basic rules of the game
You start this game by choosing a number or group of numbers you want to bet on. You place your chips on the below bets :
- STRAIGHT : This is a bet that covers only one number. In order to make this bet, place the chip inside the square of the number.
- SPLIT : A bet on two numbers which are adjacent on the table, made by placing the chip on the shared line of the two numbers’ squares.
- STREET: A bet on three consecutive numbers located on the same line. Make the bet by placing the chip on the outer corner of the row.
- SIX LINE : A bet on two adjacent lines. In order to make this bet, you have to place the chip on the common outer corner of the two lines.
- CORNER : This is a four-number bet, placed by putting the chip on the common corner of the four numbers. Also called ‘square’ bet.
- TRIO : A three-number bet that includes the zero or zeros. Place the chip on the line shared by the zero box and the two other numbers.
- BASKET: Bet on 0, 1, 2 and 3 with a chip on the corner shared by the zero box and the first line. In American Roulette, it includes the double zero.
- Red or Black – Bet on the colour of the winning number
- Odd or Even – Bet on whether the winning number will be odd or even
- 1 to 18 or 19 to 36 – Bet on whether the winning number will be low (lower than 19) or high
- Dozens – Bet on one of the three dozen that are found on the layout of the table
- Columns – Bet from which of the three columns will the winning number be
HOW TO PLAY?
- Decide a suitable bet amount as per the table limits and place your bet on the decided number/group of numbers as listed above.
- Wait for the dealer to spin the wheel and reveal the winning number
- Collect your winnings (as per the payout model), if your bet contains the winning number
HOW ARE ROULETTE PAYOUTS CALCULATED?
On your specific bet, divide the number 36 by the number of squares your bet covers. Then subtract 1 from that figure, to get the payout. For example, if you place your bet on RED which covered 18 numbers, your payout on winning will be: 36 / 18 which amounts to 2 and now subtract 1 which equals to 1. So, if you bet Rs. 500, on winning you shall get additional Rs. 500 from the dealer.